Low-Cost Cat & Dog Surgeries in Chicago Heights
We offer low-cost cat and dog surgeries at the highest level of quality because we want the very best for Chicago Heights pet families. Our veterinarians bring experience, diverse skill sets and a dedication to excellence. They joined South Suburban Low-Cost Veterinary Services out of genuine love for animals and compassion for the people who share their lives with them. In addition to treating our patients with the utmost care, we offer a surgical suite outfitted with the latest technology for maximum safety and effectiveness.
Pain management and a smooth recovery are our main goals for every surgery. Know that you can sit down with your veterinarian and discuss your concerns in detail. We want you to feel comfortable about your pet’s procedure and have all your questions answered. Feel free to call us at (708) 320-0977.
Veterinary Surgeries Our Team Provides
Pets, like people, have many diverse health needs. Therefore, we understand that to best accommodate a large number of patients, we need to provide an equally diverse range of veterinary surgical services. These include but are not limited to:
- Routine spay and neuter
- Mass removals
- Removal of foreign bodies/intestinal blockages
- Eye surgeries
- Some orthopedic surgeries
- Bladder stone removal (cystotomy)
- Gastropexy (performed to prevent or correct bloat)
Increasing Your Pet’s Safety During Veterinary Surgery
Keeping your pet safe involves several important steps before, during, and after their procedure.
- First, we need to examine your pet and do bloodwork to assess organ function. This helps us know if your pet has an underlying illness or is healthy and ready for veterinary surgery. We also use our findings to determine proper anesthesia and monitoring protocols.
- For optimal pain control, we premedicate our patients with the appropriate medication. We also place an IV catheter for fluid support and other medications that may need to be given during the surgery.
- A trained technician assists the veterinarian during surgery to monitor your pet’s vitals and keep them stable throughout.
- Following the surgery, your pet is kept in a dedicated recovery area to awaken from anesthesia. They are closely monitored during this time to make sure they awaken safely.
Helping your pet recover at home is also important to us. Before you take your pet home with you, we will provide clear, printed instructions for you to follow. If your pet has any problems during their recovery at home, don’t hesitate to call us at (708) 320-0977 or bring them in for a checkup. Keeping your pet healthy and pain-free is always our main concern.